On-the-job Training for the Oil and Gas Industry
Saga is a teaching and content company for subsurface petroleum sciences. Our mission is to provide a premium on-demand training experience for oil and gas technical professionals, using only best-in-class instructors and content, delivered using industry-leading information technology, for the purpose of increasing real enterprise value for our subscribers.
We believe that on-the-job training is a continuous process where students should be able to access critical content on-demand with experts guiding you to achieve the best possible learning experience.
David Anderson, P.Eng.
Dave was one of the original developers of the RTA software at Fekete, where he served as VP and managing partner. He has over 20 years of reservoir engineering experience and is a recognized expert in the area of well performance analysis, highlighted by his designation as a SPE Distinguished Lecturer in 2014.
John Thompson, M.Sc. P.Eng.
John is a subject matter expert in RTA with a specialization in hydraulically fractured reservoirs. Over the past 10 years, he's analyzed thousands of wells across every major shale play in the U.S., Canada and Argentina. John emphasizes the practical considerations of production data interpretation in his teachings.
Dylan Lougheed, MBA P.Eng
Dylan is a professional engineer with 11 years combined experience in high tech and oil and gas industries. Dylan is active in the SPE, authoring papers in unconventional pressure transient analysis and serving as a session chair for their unconventional resource conferences.
Offering for Founding Customers
Founding members get exclusive early access in Q1 2019 to the Saga Wisdom online learning platform.
We will be collaborating with our Steering Committee members on the future roadmap of planned features for the Saga platform
- Comprehensive multi-day course in Production Data Analysis
- Planned features include: assessments, ‘ask an expert’, fireside chats and conference/workshop reviews
- Play specific workflows - Wolfcamp, Spraberry, Meramec, Eagle Ford, Bakken, Marcellus, Montney, Duvernay
- 3-day RTA conference open to all Saga members:
- - Hands-on classroom training
- - Play-specific sessions
- - Panel discussions covering the latest advancements
- - Interactive industry leading panels
- - Networking & social activities
- - Private and public workshops hosted throughout the year
- Unlimited online and phone support of course material by subject matter experts
- 10 hours of production data interpretation training using your own proprietary data
- Semi-annual private webinars for individual operators
- Opportunities for tailored consulting and company-specific training
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for early access pricing.
Participate in our Conferences, Webinars, Events & Forums
An important element of the Saga Wisdom movement is the creation of a culture and tribe of similar like-minded individuals - those that seek a better class of education and community.
Industry Leading Expertise at Your Fingertips
Accelerate Your Career
- Learn from industry experts
- Become a specialist in a field that's in demand
- Gain fast and convenient access to valuable technical content
Improve Team Skills
- No more waiting for instructors - expertise delivered when it's needed
- Join an exclusive and focused group of technical leaders with common goals
- Ensure your team is kept up to date with the latest technical developments in your play
Elevate Your Company
- Obtain better value for your training budget
- Create a high performing technical team
- Make technically sound field development decisions to maximize return on investment
Helping us Shape the Future of
On-demand Training in the Petroleum Industry
Our steering committee of industry leaders is creating a superior knowledge transfer experience in preparation for the next generation of unconventional reservoir development.
"The team at Saga is top tier and really understands the needs of our industry. I support them and their mission to transform petroleum subsurface education."
Prof., Dept. of Geoscience / Chemical & Petroleum Eng., Univ. of Calgary
Dir. of Tight Oil Consortium (TOC) & Unconventional Reservoirs of Western Canada (URAWC)
The co-founders of Saga once all worked together at Fekete Associates where the mantras of 'never stop learning' and 'share your knowledge' were practiced on a daily basis. Although our careers took us in different directions, we all continued to follow these values.
We recognize how rewarding it can be to deliver knowledge to those that need and appreciate it and we are so excited to be building a platform and a community to fulfill this objective at a scale none of us had previously imagined.
In Norse mythology, Saga is the Goddess of Wisdom and drinking companion of Odin
Saga is Asgard's librarian and the goddess of history, storytelling and wisdom in Norse mythology. She was also Odin’s favorite drinking companion. As founders of Saga Wisdom, those who know us can easily recognize why this icon perfectly symbolizes our desired station in industry.